Easter Shredded Wheat nests
There’s more to Easter than an Easter egg hunt when it comes to keeping kids amused. Try this Easter Shredded wheat nests to keep the kids occupied during Easter.
PREP: 25 MINS
COOK: 8 MINS plus chilling
A spin on traditional chocolate cornflake cakes, this version uses extra-fine strands of wheat for great texture. This is an easy recipe that kids can join, read more about cooking with kids from our website.
- 200g milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 85g shredded wheat, crushed
- 2 x 100g bags mini chocolate eggs
You’ll also need
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water. Pour the chocolate over the shredded wheat and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the chocolate wheat into 12 cupcake cases and press the back of a teaspoon in the centre to create a nest shape. Place 3 mini chocolate eggs on top of each nest. Chill the nests in the fridge for 2 hrs until set.